1. What’s it been? Nine hours, maybe. And as far as I can tell, all he’s done is blink.
2. Everyone loves Fridays. The end of a busy week. The start of the weekend. Everyone loves Fridays, except for Marlene. She hates them. Fridays for Marlene mean one thing: loneliness.
3. “Your heart isn’t the only thing I can break.”
4. After waiting in line for almost an hour, Franny was only a few people away from offering her condolences. She could see his face now, tired but with the same restlessness in his eyes that had inspired her so long ago.
5. He turned his bag upside down and shook, the insides flapping and flinging bits of paper and crumbs to the ground. It was the one thing he wasn’t supposed to lose. The one thing. And now it’s gone.